The OpenChessBoard-PCB is a 32 cm x 32 cm (12.6 in x 12.6 in) 2-Layer circuit board which contains
– 64 sensors for piece detection
– 64 x 4 LEDs for highlighting squares and indicate moves
– high-speed multiplexing circuit to reduce the required input and outputs of the micro-controller
– 5 screw-holes for easy mounting
– super slim PCB design (< 10 mm, including Arduino)
This PCB matches directly the size of the chess board which can be placed on top of the circuit board as a semi-transparent playing surface. The Arduino Nano 33 IoT is already soldered directly onto the board and the OpenChessBoard is ready to be programmed.
The software is open-source and ready to integrate the board to your Lichess account. A one-time procedure to setup the board is done in only a few steps and from that point on, the board is a standalone device. Just connect the board via micro-USB to a charger or a power bank and the board automatically connects to your ongoing game on Lichess.org. Not Buttons needed!
Game initialization is handled directly via your Lichess App which is available for Android and iOS.
Currently all products are not in stock and will be produced by order. The production time is about 3 weeks and additional delivery time depends on your location.